Custom/Private Trips Available
Burgundy is our home. Let us show you what makes this tiny wine region and the people so special. We'll visit generations-old wineries and taste sublime pinot noirs and chardonnays. We'll dine at some hidden gems as well as some of the most acclaimed restaurants in the region. The history here is rich - home of the Ducs of Burgundy and the abbeys of the Cistercian monks. There are few other regions that can compare with the uniqueness of Burgundy's Cote d'Or - recently given UNESCO World Heritage status in the summer of 2015.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS EXAMPLE :
• Discover the secrets of Burgundy wine with owner/winemaker Alex Gambal at a private tasting.
• Ride through the famed "Route des Grands Crus" as it winds through the villages of the Côte de Nuits.
• Spend a morning at the Beaune marché, just steps from our hotel. It's a feast for the eyes!
• Enjoy a walk through the vineyards of Meursault and the patchwork of vines in the Côte de Beaune.
• Visit the Hospices de Beaune - the world's first charity hospital. They welcomed their first patient in 1452.
• Dine at Michelin Starred Abbaye de la Bussière - a beautifully restored 14th century Cistercian abbey.
• If you choose a cycling option, each day's ride is between 18 and 30 miles, often with shorter options, through rolling terrain including some hills.
*Hidden France reserves the right to change itinerary as necessary