Music and Wine In Burgundy
Imagine yourself in the Chateau de Meursault, home of the renowned Paulée de Meursault, enjoying Brahms performed by the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra Soloists and their special musical guests. The Chateau will host one other Paulée this year and we will be there. On our final night, we enjoy one last concert in the courtyard of the Clos de Vougeot and are then escorted to dinner inside the Chateau where we will dine with the musicians and participate in the live auction with auctioneer Anthony Hanson, Wine director of Christie's London, which benefits the "young talents" who performed during the week. Auction items include rare and sought after Burgundy wines by some of the areas top producers.
TRIP HIGHLIGHTS EXAMPLE* :
• Enjoy two concerts featuring the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra soloists and their special guests at the Chateau Clos de Vougeot - a 12th century historic monument now home to the Chevaliers du Tastevin (Wine Brotherhood) of Burgundy, and the Chateau de Meursault.
• Be welcomed at some of the most celebrated wineries in Burgundy such as: Domaine Frederic Mugnier in Chambolle-Musigny, Domaine Bruno Clair in Marsannay, Maison Alex Gambal in Beaune and Domaine Lafarge in Volnay to name a few.
• Relax in comfort in our luxurious accommodations: La Rotisserie de Chambertin **** in Gevrey-Chanbertin and Chez les Fatien in Beaune.
• Taste some of the finest Burgundy wines at a pre-concert tasting of 15 top growers.
• Enjoy a walk through the vineyards of Meursault and the patchwork of vines in the Cote de Beaune.
• Explore the Route des Grands Crus and visit some of the most celebrated pinot noir and chardonnay vineyards in the world.
• Visit the Hospices de Beaune - the world's first charity hospital. They welcomed their first patient in 1452.
• Be Alex and Diana's guests for dinner at their home atop the clifs of Orches (20 minutes from Beaune)
• Dine at the Clos de Vougeot with the musicians after their final concert for a gala auction dinner - sponsored by some of the finest wineries in Burgundy - to benefit the young talents of France.
Cost Per Person (based on double occupancy): on request
Single Supplement: on request
5 nights Luxury Accommodation
Transportation during the trip
2 Evening Concerts
Auction Dinner with musicians at Clos de Vougeot
5 Private wine tour/tastings
Does Not Include:
Transportation to/from Beaune at trip start/end
Wine with Dinners (except 2 nights)
*Hidden France reserves the right to change itinerary as necessary